Purpose of Use
- This device is a low friction cylinder that uses compressed air, reciprocating motion (low mechanical loss) actuator for the web transport line control for films, paper, metal foil, nonwoven fabrics.
- 1. Low mechanical loss and hysteresis.
- 2. Long stroke production.
- 3. Low maintenance.
- 4. Simplified structure compared with conventional products prevents failure due to rubber getting caught. The sliding part of the cylinder is lubricated by the by an air film through micro-leakage, low sliding drastically reduces wear.
- 5. Operated by micro-pressure.
- 6. Long life.
- 7. Operating cylinder is very light, made from CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic).
- 8. Extremely robust to unbalanced loads.
- 9. High loads can be added to the cylinder lot (Linear guide).
- 10. The piston part is integrated with the linear guide using ball bush.
- (Linear guide air cylinder single standard)
Cylinder bore diameter φ10～φ90 Stroke Pitch : 50mm (Bore diameter : up to Max 10 times) Operating pressure range 0.01〜0.3MPa Temperature / Humidity 5℃〜40℃ / Under 85%RH Available models Single acting overhung type, double ball bush Minimum operating pressure Air leaking amount 90L under / min (at 0.4Mpa) for φ40×200ST (low-friction specification) Hysteresis Load-bearing position
- ● Shock absorber
- ● Touch roll for the reeling machine
- ● Dancer device for the web transport line
Cylinder diameter is Φ10〜Φ90(standard)
Available sizes Φ10〜14, size larger than Φ90 are also available (custom-made)
↕ Intake and exhaust
How to use
|Vertical / Horizontal|
|Accumulator||Even if the load (air demand of the cylinder) varies, it is important for accumulator to be set so that air supply source does not change.
One recommendation is to use a container that can bear the pressure of 0.5Mpa, another is to create cavities in a dancer frame or machine frame for use as a tank.
In this case, please be vigilant of rusting that may damage the cylinder.
(A mist separator is recommended for use.)
|Piping||Regarding the air pipes on the side receiving the load from the accumulator, the thicker and shorter the better.
This is to enable the quick response to the air consumption and supply / exhaust speed due to movement of the dancer cylinder.
|Air regulator||Please make sure to insert the air regulator right before the cylinder. (Precision regulator)|
|Horizontal dancer is recommended for use as dancer device.
It eliminate the need for a balance weight, allowing for a low-inertia dancer with fast response to tension fluctuation.
In addition, mechanical loss (hysteresis) is kept to the minimum.
|Please use oil-free purified air and a dust filter.|
|By observing the load position, the linear guide cylinders can handle loads offset in any direction.|
|Please use a dancer roll which rotates lightly.|
|Air supply||When air supply runs short even for a short time, the cylinder thrust declines.
In this case, the dancer roll cannot adjust to a change in tension, causing tension fluctuation and hunting.